The weather is starting to warm up, the flowers are starting to bloom – spring is upon us! That means it’s finally time to put away the heavy winter sweaters and jackets and put together a stylish spring wardrobe. Take a look of our Spring Lutterloh Patterns for Spring tips.
As someone who can sew their own clothes, you’ll be able to curate a fashionable and totally personalized spring closet – all you need is a little inspiration to get you started!
We’re bringing you our best tips, tricks, and pattern suggestions for sewing fun, unique pieces for spring.
Sewing Lutterloh Patterns for Spring
Ready to sew a few looks for your fashionable spring wardrobe? Our Lutterloh kit is the perfect partner for the job – the kit includes patterns to sew 280 different styles! With the kit, you can draft a perfectly fitting pattern for each garment with only 2 measurements and by following a few simple steps.
The kit includes a lot of styles that would be perfect to sew for spring! Hit the 2022 miniskirt trend by sewing up Skirt #67 from the kit. This cute wrap skirt could give you an edgy look sewn up in leather or make a bold statement when made in a bright color. Plus, this skirt pattern would be great for a beginner sewist.
Everyone needs a dreamy, floaty dress for spring. Try sewing our Dress #156 and make it modern by sewing it in a lightweight sheer fabric.
On the search for your bold spring suit? Make it yourself with the Suit #188 and #189 patterns. A hot pink or lime green structured woven fabric would be perfect for this pattern!
Our Lutterloh kit includes many more designs that would make for amazing spring outfits – check out all the styles that are included here and sew Lutterloh patterns for spring!
Tips for Sewing a Spring Wardrobe
Looking for inspiration to planning your spring sewing projects? Here are a few things to keep in mind as you sketch out your ideas for filling out your spring wardrobe.
- Do you need a flowy floral dress, a pair of shorts, or maybe a button-up shirt? Before committing to a spring sewing project, go through the clothes already in your wardrobe. Identify holes in your spring closet and plan your sewing projects to fill those gaps.
- Choose versatile styles and fabrics. Sticking with silhouettes and prints that can be paired with various other pieces already in your closet can help you to get more wear out of each garment you make.
- Think light, airy, and happy. You’ll want to enjoy those beautiful, sunny spring days in something lightweight and carefree, something you can catch a nice spring breeze in. Try pairing flowy patterns with gauzy, floaty fabrics – and be sure to add in a few fun prints that just make you happy!
Sewing the Trends: What’s in Fashion for Spring 2022
Spring 2022 is all about making a statement through your clothing – showing a little skin, rocking bold colors, and incorporating eye-catching details. Here are 5 top spring 2022 trends to sew this year!
- Bright, bold colors. Standout colors are in this season! Try a hot pink, lime green, or bright orange – and play with combining different bold colors together.
- Sheer, floaty fabrics. Dreamy, sheer dresses are a fun trend to try this spring! Plus, the lightweight fabric is perfect for warm weather.
- Miniskirts. The ultra-miniskirts of the 90s and 2000s are back this year. Try pairing your short skirts with an oversized blazer to balance out the look.
- Dramatic draping. Anything with bold details or draping will have you looking on trend this season – draped blouses, pleated skirts, dramatic necklines – take your pick!
- A statement suit. A good suit always looks put together, but for this spring, a suit in a bright, primary color will stand out in the best way.
If you try out any of the patterns in our kit, don’t forget to share photos of your projects on social media with the hashtag #sewlutterloh. We would love to see what you’re making!
2 thoughts on “Sew Your Spring Wardrobe: Sewing Lutterloh Patterns for Spring￼”
Hi Gena, if you are beginner you can start with a easy and simple project. Follow the little letters to put the pieces together A with A, B with B, see if the pieces need any preparation before assembly, make darts, pockets, etc.
You can use any tutorial on you tube, a book or a commercial instructions to follow step by step how to make the kind of project you are working on.
Join our Facebook group !
I am new to sewing, I now understand that there are no instructions for putting the pattern pieces together? Please help !